Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Don't waste your blog.


This is the first of a series of posts I've been thinking about for a while. It is easy to get caught up in the whole "blog adventure", have lots of fun and accomplish nothing for the kingdom. Not that I believe in salvation by works, but I do think we should be mindful of everything we do, especially because most of the things which get godly people in trouble are actually morally neutral. It is not a sin to go golfing with the boys on my day off. It is a sin to go golfing at the expense of my marriage's intimacy. It isn't sinful to take vacations, it is actually healthy to make sure you get enough rest and relaxation. One of the ten commandments even encompasses it, but vacations can be very sinful if they are taken with the purpose of feeding laziness or if they stretch you financially way beyond the family's means. Vacations can be a highway to hell if they are taken because you bought into the american dream of making a ton of cash, buy a lot of toys, retire young and never produce a thing after that, stretching adolescence until the end of your days. Blogging, in the same manner, isn't necessarily sinful but it can be. It can be a gross mismanagement of time and resources, a family divider, a means to neglect intimacy, a way to live in "La La Land" and YES, a great tool in the Lord's hands to grow the blogger in the grace and knowledge of Jesus Christ. I look forward to writting these posts and I hope you enjoy them.

Here are some guidelines I find very helpful in my own blogging.

No comments:

Post a Comment