Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Franklin won


Although I do have a couple of biblical manhood related posts brewing, we are in a month innundated with MMA events and eventhough my wife seems to love it even more than I do, I reckon that's kind of manly too, so here we go.

For once in my life I had been right in all my predictions: Toquinho overpowered Horn but couldn't GnP him much less sub him. Davis outboxes Lytle in an old fashioned slug fest. Shogun beat a very tired Hammer and although I was surprised about how poorly Rua performed, he came out with a "W" which is what I thought would happen. No surprises, everything is going as predicted. Coke and Cheetos in hand I fast forward to The main bout of the night. I really thought Rich won the first and the third and had secured a decision. I said to my brother in law: you know, 29 x 28 isn't that bad. After all this is Dan Henderson, one of the baddest dudes out there". The score cards were made public and there were flying Cheetos everywhere. Now, I already hate being wrong like i was on Chuck x Rashad or Werdum x Cigano or Griffin x Rampage or Chuck x Rashad and many others but this one reminded me once again that I should never bet on MMA because even when I'm right, I'm wrong.

See you again for the Affliction on the 24th.

God bless you all.

No comments:

Post a Comment