Friday, February 20, 2009

UFC 95 "Pre thoughts"


I was able to catch, half asleep I gotta say, the countdown for UFC 95. The whole thing weirds me out a little bit. The main event is not a title bout. The middle weight division could definitely use a title defense since it's been 4 months already. I'm not trying to hate on them but these guys have not reached the "no matter what, I'm the main event" level. Joe Stevenson is a contender and is always a fight away from a title shot. I get that. Sanchez is a great fighter that should have had his title shot instead of the Koscheck fight. You beat Riggs, Diaz and Parysian in a row and your record is 18 - 0, you deserve a title shot. He doesn't get one, gets in trouble, kinda redeems himself in his last 2 bouts and now ends up testing the waters at 155lbs. That's all that is, a test. No one knows how he's going to do. Does that deserve a main event honor? Not in my opinion.What also makes zero sense to me is the break up with Greg Jackson because the best welter weight in the world would train with them. As a professional, I would love to be training partners with GSP. Are you kidding??... Diego threw a fit and left. Mind boggling.


Gouveia Marquardt : Somebody is going home in a body bag. That's all I have to say.


Josh Koscheck welcoming Paulo Thiago. Who knows?


The main event of the night, in my opinion, Maia against Sonnen.

I am a huge Demian Maia fan and want him to win but I think Sonnen, who is no push over, will yank a decision on this one. That's about all I got on it for now. Be back after the event.

God bless.

No comments:

Post a Comment