Friday, February 13, 2009


I am one of those that believe fasting, prayer, solitude, contemplation still work. I cannot think of many things that feed my soul more than an afternoon alone listening to hymns and singing and praying. It stirs something in my soul, increasing my affections for God, convicting me of sin, bringing about repentance. It's just neat. The whole thing is pretty cool. I love when God does that. Just a couple of days ago, he did it again. I had to go on a job to Sycamore Cove. I was already thrilled with the drive. The beach is beautiful. The ocean is awesome. The gig ended faster than I thought and I had a large time slot in my hands. I new what I was going to do. Just a quick drive and I was at a very nice spot. Parked the car, climbed down the rocks, Ipod blasting "I have a shelter" and the prayer/worship walk began. Soon enough music turned into the book of Genesis, the whole story of Joseph ( I'm catching up on my ESV listen through the year podcast) and that was followed by the whole gospel of John and the whole thing felt like Jesus was physically there walking with me. I wanted to pitch a tent but at one point I had to go. I felt fully recharged. It was a much needed break that God in his providence handed to me just like that. I am eternally grateful and I cannot wait for the next one.

No comments:

Post a Comment